OBJECTIVE: The objective of Kings Corner is to get rid of all your cards into eight piles in a solitaire fashion. The game starts with four piles, four more may be added during play to the corners. These can be started with Kings.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2+ players
NUMBER OF CARDS: single 52-card decks
RANK OF CARDS: K-Q-J-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-A (ace low)
TYPE OF GAME: Solitaire type
The first dealer is chosen randomly and the position moves clockwise after each hand. The dealer gives each player 7 cards. The remaining cards are put in the center to create the ‘stock pile,’ from this pile 4 cards are chosen off the top and flipped face-up. These cards are placed North, South, East, and West of the stockpile, these cards begin the foundation piles.
Starting from the left of the dealer, play moves clockwise. On a single turn, players have the opportunity to make any number of these moves and in any order:
- Play on the foundation piles from your hand. If you play a card, it must be the next lower rank and the color opposite. For example, you can play a red Jack on a black Queen. Slightly overlap cards in the foundation pile so that they all can be seen. Aces are the lowest card and no other card can be played on top of it.
- Use a King to start one of the King’s corners. These cards go in the diagonal corners of the foundation piles (NE, NW, SE, SW). Kings may be built upon like any other foundation pile.
- Move one foundation pile onto another. You may do this if the bottom card of one foundation is one rank lower and the opposite color of the foundation it’s being moved to. 카지노사이트추천
- Play any card on an empty foundation spot (because the pile had been moved).
The first player to empty their hand is the winner and the game ends. After you have played as many cards as you can or wish in a turn you must draw one card from the stockpile. If you are unable to make a play, simply draw a card from the stock pile and the next player’s turn begins.
Kings dealt into the foundational piles may be moved to the corners. Player left to the dealer has the opportunity to replace the King in the foundational pile layout. Cards in the foundational pile that may be consolidated (one of the cards is one lower rank and the opposite color). Player left of the dealer can consolidate and replace that card in the layout
In the event, the stockpile runs dry, continue playing without drawing.
The play ends when one player manages to play all their cards or there is an impasse, no cards can be drawn or played.
Players receive penalties (in the form of points) for cards left in their hands.
- King = 10 points
- All other cards = 1 point
Points are summed from deal to deal until a player reaches or passes the target score. Target scores are agreed upon before game play, typically they are between 25-50 points. The winner of the game is the player that has the lowest number of points.